Phase 3 Plan (Beginning September 1)
Phase 3: Modified Services with "Sunday School" and Discipleship Groups
Beginning September 1, 2020
Overview of Phase 3
Our modified service schedule will continue, with services at 8:15 a.m., 9:45 a.m., and 11:15 a.m. each Sunday morning.
- 8:15 a.m. This service is exclusively for those 65 years of age and older and those with health conditions that put them in the at-risk population. This will include Golden and Silver Departments and those in any other Department who are over 65.
- 9:45 a.m. Recommended for members of the Foundations, Bridge, and Thru the Bible Departments who do not fall into the at-risk category.
- 11:15 a.m. Recommended for members of College, Transitions, and Ladies Departments as well as those who are not associated with a Sunday School class.
A Modified "Sunday" School Schedule will begin.
- The Senior Adult Department, including Golden and Silver classes, has opted not to begin meeting in person at this time.
- The Thru the Bible Department will meet Sundays at 4:00 p.m. in the Golden/Reception Room.
- The Bridge Department will meet Sundays at 6:00 p.m. in the Bridge classroom upstairs in the Adult Wing.
- The Foundations Department will meet Wednesdays at 6:00 p.m. in the Golden/Reception Room.
- The Transitions Department will meet Wednesdays at 6:00 p.m. in the Bridge Classroom upstairs in the Adult Wing.
- The Ladies Department will meet at 12:00 p.m. on Tuesdays in the Golden/Reception Room.
Wednesday Night Fall VBS for Children will meet from 6:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Some Discipleship Groups will continue to meet online and others will begin meeting in person in September. Please contact your group leader or the church office for more information.
By meeting at different times during the week and only using our largest classroom spaces, we will be able to gather for Bible study, prayer, and community without overcrowding our building and hallways. Please enter the single door at the head of the ramp on the East side of the building. Each class is asked to maintain appropriate spacing and to sanitize chairs and frequently touched surfaces, such as door knobs and light switches before leaving.
for youth and children's safety guidelines, click here.
health and safety precautions for services
The church will be thoroughly cleaned prior to Sunday, with special attention given to entrances, bathrooms, doors, hallways, and the Worship Center.
Preparation of the Worship Center
Certain pews will be roped off to allow for appropriate spacing. All surfaces, including pews, will be cleaned. All hymnals, Bibles, pencils, and other pew materials will be removed.
Sanitizer stations will be set up at each entrance to the Worship Center.
A team of volunteers and staff will be present to open doors and direct worshipers to specific seats to ensure proper physical distancing between family units. All staff and volunteers will be wearing masks to reduce the spread of germs. Although masks for individuals are encouraged in close proximity, masks will not be provided or required.
Worshipers will follow a staggered exit plan. Offering will be collected as worshipers exit the Worship Center, so that the offering plate will only be handled by one individual.
Fellowship with other members is encouraged to take place outside of the building. Please remember to still exercise caution and act with compassion when you are interacting with others. You are encouraged to follow CDC guidelines concerning physical distance, shaking hands, hugging, wearing masks, and washing hands.
Volunteers will clean the surfaces of active pews in the Worship Center and surfaces, including door handles, in entrance areas and bathrooms between each service.
of special note during THIS phase
Please be aware that although we are taking every precaution to ensure the health and safety of those who choose to attend services in person, we understand that many may choose to continue worshiping from home. This is encouraged for anyone whose health is most at risk from COVID-19.
YOU ARE CONSIDERED AT-RISK IF YOU:
- Are age 65 or older, especially if you are not in good health;
- Have any of the following conditions: chronic lung disease, moderate to severe asthma, chronic heart disease, diabetes, chronic kidney disease undergoing dialysis, liver disease, or a weakened immune system. or any other condition that may compromise your body's ability to fight off diseases,
- Have any other condition that may compromise your body's ability to fight off diseases.
If you are ill or are experiencing any symptoms such as cough or fever, please stay home.